5.11.2010

Fellow Artist Love

I have had the pleasure these last few weeks to get to know two fellow artists. We are all showing together at La Familia this month so we used it as an excuse to join each other for a happy hour planning session awhile back.

Artist Kellie Talbot is someone whose work I've seen and taken notice of before. When I found out we were showing in the same month at La Familia I went "squeee!" literally. How could I not with paintings this gorgeous? I was a little star struck just by her stars alone but then I met her for real met her (over a drink is a time honored way to meet someone methinks) and she is just a lovely person. Someone I am greatly looking forward to talking with more. There are rumors of a plan to see her converted butcher shop studio and meet her pet duck in the very near future!

Through the work of Jeanette Jones I have been introduced to a whole new series of historical stories I previously knew nothing about. Jeanette has exquisetly painted seriously intriguing portraits of some of Picasso's women in her series "I Feel Bad for You?". If you do not know of these dear artists then you should read Picasso's Weeping Women.
I gallery sat on Friday and could not stop staring at Jeanette's paintings - finding more and more intrigue of these women's stories within her winding layers. She has her two smaller works priced for a steal at only $150. I highly recommend getting lost in them.

1 comment:

jeanette said...

Hi Sara! Thank you so much! This is such a nice post! It has been an HONOR showing this month with You & Kellie!!!!!!!!!!